When we changed our diets about 5 years ago now, we started trying all sorts of meals that we would have never tried in the past. Avocado’s weren’t even something on my grocery list before we had my oldest but now they are a staple in our house! This dish is actually one of my boys favorites and they ask for “green pasta” ALL the time. This meal takes under 30 minutes and has a ton of healthy fats for my growing boys.
- 2 boxes DeBoles Organic Spinach Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Minced Garlic (or more to taste)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, minced garlic, and oil in a food processor (My blender mixes it fine). Process until smooth.
- Drain pasta and immediately toss with pesto and serve. (This dish cools quickly)
- That’s it! So simple and easy